I learned a ton recently about creating videos. I’ve also been studying how to use videos for marketing yourself and your business online.
Watch this video and then read the tips that follow:
1. Use an interesting (but not too distracting) background.
Having a background adds visual interest. Make sure it’s attractive, neat and adds either credibility or fun.
2. Use natural sunlight if at all possible
Natural light is the very best. It’s much cheaper than having to buy studio lights and works better than artificial light.
3. Add an opening title slide and credits or a call to action at the end.
These items will make your video look more professional. The call to action is what will drive traffic to your website if that’s what you’re trying to get people to do.
4. Include occasional comments to highlight certain points.
It’s easy to add text in Windows Movie Maker Live and iMovie. Again, this makes your ‘production’ seem more polished and professional.
5. Optimize your video for the key words you want to be known for.
YouTube is one of the most searched websites online. When you optimize your video by including keywords in the description and tags, people who are looking for what you’ve mentioned, will find your video more easily.
6. Use variety. Add a few special effects.
Variety will stimulate the minds of your viewers and keep them watching through to the end.
7. Be entertaining, not just educational.
When people are having fun or being deeply moved, they’ll stay engaged. Even if you’re training them on something, they’ll remember your message more if it engages their emotions in addition to stimulating their brains.
Video marketing is becoming the standard medium for branding and online communications. Make sure you incorporate this strategy in marketing plan.